This is thirty and Dirty Green Latte
A couple of years ago thirty sounded old. Thirty sounded like the age were you had your life together. Thirty sounds more like this;
- Life will look different than you thought it would, but different is just were you will want to be.
- Finding love was only half of the equation. The other half involves constant work.
- Friendships change. Some evolve, others disappear.
- Family is no longer were you were born into but the people you choose to share your life with.
- Self-love is more important than anything you ever bought.
- Things that really mattered, people you thought you couldn’t live without, decision that seemed life-altering. Don’t matter anymore.
- Hangovers last twice as long, make you feel twice as bad.
- Feeling good becomes a priority. That will change the way you treat your body and have a negative impact on the shoes you wear.
- Breathing becomes something you do with purpose.
- You learn compassion towards your parents and you hope your children will learn it long before thirty.
- Traveling keeps being a great idea.
- You can do anything you decide to spend enough time on. That includes cooking (even if you burn a few things in the process)
- Time goes by quicker.
- Thirty no longer sounds old. Thirty sounds like the perfect place to be.
Dirty Green Latte
About two years ago I stopped drinking coffee. I should start like this…. My name is Janna and Im a recovering coffee drinker. The side effects included shaking, palpitations, heartburn (basically feeling like shit) So im a tea drinker like 6 cups a day tea drinker but let’s be honest here people….Teas can be boring. They lack that jazz to them. Along came my invention of making Almond Milk which is the bomb, matcha which as you know is like my lover from loverville, adding greens because it makes you feel so damn good knowing your drink is full of good stuff.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
3 ½ cups of water
1 cup soaked almonds
1 cup spinach
1 kale leaf
1 Tbsp of Matcha (or more depending on your love for matcha)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
- Warm one cup of water (before boiling) add matcha and mix well.
- Add to your high speed blender almonds, matcha water, plain water, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Add to a fine mesh and remove pulp.
- Place it back on the blender add honey, spinach and kale.
- Enjoy cold or warm it up.